Wednesday, September 21, 2011

D&D Basic Rules- The Red Box


What's the ad for?
Dungeons and Dragons Set #1: Basic Set
Year
1989
Spotted in


The scoop
 I'm not a role player, at least not much of one. I did however try and get into it when I was a kid. My friends and I started out playing a lesser know RPG called Boot Hill. It must have been the theme that attracted us, I don't really know how we stumbled on to it. From there we created our own world and system based on Roman gladiators. You have to take into account that we were probably around 12 years old at the time. Then I saw the Dungeons and Dragons Basic Set at my local comic book shop. We had a lot of fun with the system although thinking back we probably played all those games so wrong, but hey it was all fun. They recently re-released this box although I've heard it's not a straight reprint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Comic Blog Elite