Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Monster bone(ers) and Shi(f)t Happens



What's the ad for?
Kemco video games for Nintendo systems
 Year
1992
Spotted on the back cover of...


The Scoop
Kemco was best known for their Top Gear driving games, but that's besides the point. What were they thinking with these ads? Who was the target audience? I guess they weren't kids, or perhaps they thought they could hit both the kids and the teen/adult comic reader. "Shift Happens" is okay, kinda funny. "Get a Monster Bone"? That one missed the mark in my book. The copy is full of puns. Ghoulfriend, Bone Voyage. Perhaps it fits with the theme. They certainly grabbed your attention with the large, provocative black text.

What do you think? Do these ads work?

1 comment:

  1. I remember those ads and they did make me chuckle at the time and when I just read your post. I guess they worked on me.;)

    Teenage boy humor is eternal,
    Brian

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Comic Blog Elite