Thursday, March 8, 2012

Splatterhouse....It's only a game


What's the ad for?
Splatterhouse for the TurboGrafx 16
Year
1991
Spotted in...

The Scoop
 I remember that when Splatterhouse came out 22 years ago, it caused a small stir. It was violent and bloody and...not much of a big deal when you look back at it. It was one of the first games in North America to receive a Parental Advisory sticker. Of coarse the game looks pretty crappy compared to today's standards (see video below). This is no Dead Space. The TurboGrafx version was a toned down version of the arcade original. Maybe the arcade version was scarier. 

You can play a browser version here.

 

1 comment:

  1. The arcade was a lot worse, I LOVED IT! I remember my pals and me at the arcade at the dirt mall and played that thing until we won it then we did all over again.

    Great game for an old school spatter punk,
    Brian

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Comic Blog Elite