Tuesday, July 26, 2011

House Ad - The 1990's - Wonder Woman #50

 

So I've been looking through my back issues trying to find house ads from the nineties. One thing that is jumping out at me is the lack of house ads in Marvel books of that era. Granted my collection screeches to a halt at around 1993, there is nothing but video game and tie in merchandise ads. I guess the more advertising revenue you have the less house ads you need. Just take a look at a Dark Horse or other early independent book, full of house ads. So nineties week is going to be heavy in the DC field with a couple of the smaller publishing houses thrown in. Maybe Dark Horse, maybe some Valiant. Doesn't mean they are bad ads. Here's one for Perez's Wonder Woman.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Comic Blog Elite