Friday, February 18, 2011

Chewy Newtons




 Oh, look another maze. Fig Newtons, man do they even make these anymore? I haven't had one since I was a kid. Here we also have Apple Newtons...not quite the same ring to it. They also came out with Blueberry, Cherry, Strawberry and Grape Newtons but sorry, they had no banana newtons.


Back in the day Doctors believed most health problems to be related to digestion problems. They recommended having a biscuit and some fruit. This led fig lover Charles Roser to come up with Fig Newtons in 1891. You can't make this stuff up. The dude must have been rich after that idea. I'm a lover of many things, figs not one of them but maybe I could come up with something cool with something that I love...it will probably just turn out rude and crude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Comic Blog Elite