Monday, February 21, 2011

Gumfighting Do's and Don'ts

What's the ad for?
Hubba Bubba
Year
1980
Spotted in
 The Scoop
I used to chew this stuff until my jaw was sore. And who among you hasn't fallen asleep with a juicy piece of Hubba Bubba in their mouth only to wake up with it in their hair? I know I have. Most of the time I would remove it before turning in for the night, placing it on my dresser until its return to my mouth come morning. Yes, kids are gross, but I have this practice to thank for my unusually strong immune system.

This campaign was very successful and ran for many years. There was even a Gumfighters Kit that you could get in exchange for 6 Hubba Bubba counterbands. It included a game, membership card, a Gumfighters challenge board, a club sign, a gum holster (cool!) and even a bubblemeter for measuring those bubbles. I cannot for the life of me find any photos of these cool items other than this scan of a page from a Wrigley's corporate magazine.

I always loved the dude with the gum head. Gumfighting...make bubbles not war.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Comic Blog Elite