Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Task Force and Fighting Ships


This is an ad that ran for years, starting from the 50's. This is one in particular I scanned from a DC comic from the late 70's. The company was called "Helen of Toy". Back in the 50's-70's there was a few mail order toy companies. Helen of Toy sold around a dozen different sets. I'm sure a lot of these sets were sold and you have to hand most of the credit to the artists. They sure captured my imagination. I didn't even realize it was a game (similar to Battleship)...I just thought it was toy soldiers and boats.

Were you ever curious about what you got for $2.49? Well, look no further.

Fighting Ships
















Photo: Paul Sauberer


Task Force



















Photo:Chris Brua

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Comic Blog Elite